Sunday, January 8, 2012

teach, grade, eat, sleep, poop

That's basically my life. I had a glorious week off for the holidays but now I'm back at school. It's a new trimester so I have a whole new group of kids, which is nice but also weird. I got really attached to my first group of kids and now they're gone. A lot of them still come back to say "Hi" which I love because I miss them. It's been fun getting to know this new group. They seem like another nice bunch. They are definitely quieter than the first ones. Sometimes too quiet. I'll ask a question and hear crickets. I hope this will change. I'm getting better at staying on top of grading but I still have a lot of classroom management skills to sort out. I also have to start writing my TEAM paper soon. And on top of that, we have exemplary lessons due at our department meeting on Tuesday. Which means I have to fill out this ridiculously long lesson plan format and then present it to my fellow unified arts teachers. One good thing that happened today: I remembered my teaching certification was going to expire this month and I started the process to upgrade it. The bad news is it costs $200 to upgrade to initial certification status. boooo.

Non-work stuff. Karl got me a sewing machine for Christmas! I'm so excited to make something. I just have to figure out where to put it. I got Karl a Wii. He's been asking for one for about 3 years and I finally got it. It's been really fun for both of us. The Super Mario Bros. game it came with is highly addictive! I can't wait to get some of the dancing games :)

No comments: